Originally published at: https://pragmaticleaders.io/jobs/product-manager-edutech-startup-iit-nit-bits-2-4-yrs-9/
About our client:
This Ed-Tech startup is an AI/ML-based SMART Career Preparation Platform that combines the power of cutting-edge data analytics and sophisticated technology to provide personalized feedback to students and alumni. It is currently being used by students, alumni and career centres across 120+ leading global universities and business schools. The company also boasts of investors who have been Directors at McKinsey SF office, EVP Bain Capital, White House Champions of Change Award recipient as great entrepreneurs, and several others.
Life of a Product Manager here focuses on having In-Depth Understanding and Ownership of the Product and not just Development. You will need to actively participate in the Product Roadmap Discussion, Cross-Functional Meetings and Implementation of the Product Requirements.
Product Strategy & Vision:
– You will take ownership of defining the product roadmap by working closely with business owners, end-users and your own secondary research
– You will be responsible for keeping a close eye on the competitive landscape and ensure continuous product innovation.
– You will be responsible for understanding the usage of the product and recommending ways to increase engagement.
– You need to be a master of analytics and research. Do a lot of primary and secondary research in order to understand the usage of the product. This includes in-product analytics, A/B Testing, communicating with end-users & internal teams etc..
– You will work closely with the marketing team to understand the strategy of product marketing in order to convert users from free to premium.
– You will be prioritizing the product features to support in-product marketing.
Coordination with different stakeholders:
– You will be coordinating with the founding team and existing learners in order to define the requirements
– You will take the ownership of prioritizing the requirements and converting complex business problems into a clear set of goals
– You will coordinate with the technology team to identify clear timelines and deliverables
– You will take joint ownership of Sprint planning and deliveries
– BE/BTech from IITs, BITS, NITs and other tier-1 colleges
– 2 to 4 Years of Product Management Experience
– Experience working at an agile software company/start-up is a bonus
– Strong Leadership and Team Management experience
– Strong Thinking, Analytical and Problem Solving skills
– Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
– Hands-On Software Development Experience would be a HUGE PLUS
– Ability to convert complex business problems into clear executable roadmaps and milestones
– Ability to prioritize requirements from multiple stakeholders